Cosmetic face fillers are getting more popular since lots of people discover the benefits of such products for preserving a youthful and fresh look. The difference before and after using them is obvious. Various brands offer cosmetic fillers for the face, so which one to choose?
Botox is the most known brand in this field, but “Botox only works on wrinkles that are caused by muscle movement. These are known as dynamic wrinkles, and are often called “expression lines”, source: medicalnewstoday.
To figure everything out, we have interviewed a doctor from a Toronto centre for advanced skin repair, and he gave us a list of the most popular options, along with describing their benefits.
So, what are good brands of fillers? They include the following:
Each of them has been tested by time and proven to be a safe and effective solution for managing age-related face imperfections and making the skin look better. Learn more detailed info on each of these facial fillers.
It belongs to hyaluronic acid fillers. Based on the information from the clinic in Toronto, “Juvederm is a non-surgical, cosmetic treatment which can be completed within 15 minutes to one hour with minimal recovery and downtime. It contains pain-reducing lidocaine, for comfort and a stress-free esthetic experience” , source: torontobotox. It is one of the most popular fillers for various zones, including cheeks, lips, and the area around the mouth.
The price for a treatment with this filler may reach $450-$600 for a single injection. Depending on the results a patient wishes to achieve, several syringes may be applied in a single session.
The effects of Juvederm will last for up to 18 months. However, they may start to vanish in about six months. It is recommended to think about the next course of treatment in one year, even if everything seems to be fine. The duration of the effects depends on multiple factors and can be predicted in a rough way only.
Juvederm is considered to be a pretty safe option for those who wish to preserve their youth. While it may come with a few unpleasant effects, they are usually mild and go away in several days.
It is another variant for those looking for reliable dermal fillers. Stylage is also based on hyaluronic acid and complemented with antioxidants. It can be used for filling various face areas, such as superficial wrinkles that appear around the lips and eyes. This filler produces a soft and natural result, which will last for 2-4 months. To maintain the outcomes, patients need to repeat the treatment course every 2-3 months. As for the costs, patients can expect to pay from $400 to $800 for an injection.
Revanesse differs from other brands of injectable dermal fillers because of its particles that tend to stay closer to each other. Moreover, they have a rounder shape and nearly the same size. This allows patients using this product to enjoy a more consistent result, which will last for several months.
On average, you can expect to observe the effects for 3-6 months. The actual duration depends on a range of factors, including the area of injections. For example, if it is the area around the lips, the effects will stay visible for about three months due to the high mobility of this zone.
If you wish to have treatment with Revanesse, it will cost you around $500 or more per syringe. The exact price also depends on a variety of factors.
This filler can be injected in various areas, such as cheeks, nasolabial folds, around the mouth, and lips. It is also based on hyaluronic acid, and it allows hiding wrinkles, thus contributing to a youthful look of the face skin.
The results achieved after procedures with this filler may last for different periods, which depends on a set of factors, including the area where it is applied to:
- Cheeks — 10-12 months;
- Facial wrinkles and folds — up to six months;
- Lips — 3-6 months.
The duration of the procedure hinges upon the result you wish to achieve, but usually, it takes less than 60 minutes. The effects will become visible almost immediately.
The cost of the treatment with this filler is calculated based on the number of sessions, amount of the filler used, fees of the specialist, and other factors. Generally, a candidate for the procedure can expect to spend between $400 and $800 for an injection.
Best Wrinkle Fillers
The first wrinkles start to appear in different face areas at the age of about 25. They become more noticeable over the years. While fillers for the face do not eliminate wrinkles completely, they help make them less visible, returning the skin to its youthful and fresh look.
The following types of fillers can be used to manage your wrinkles:
- Fillers based on hyaluronic acid. Those are all the mentioned above options, such as Juvederm, Revanesse, and others.
- Fat from the body. Fat is taken from various parts of the body, such as the abdomen, and then injected into the areas that require treatment. While the effects may last forever, this procedure comes with a range of drawbacks, such as undergoing several sessions of injections and adding lots of fat to the area because of the possible fat absorption by the body.
- Radiesse. This solution is based on calcium hydroxylapatite, which allows treating deep wrinkles effectively. The result will last for up to three years.
- Artefill. The effects of this filler may be permanent since it cannot be absorbed by the body. Artefill can be applied to the area around the mouth to treat deep wrinkles. It is not recommended to begin wrinkles treatment with this filler right away.
- Sculptra. This filler comes with poly-L-lactic acid. To make wrinkles less noticeable, 2-3 injections may be applied. The result is expected to last for up to 24 months.
When choosing a suitable solution for wrinkles, it is essential to take into account different factors, such as effectiveness, costs, duration of effects, and others.
Best Lip Fillers
Some cosmetic fillers can also be injected into the lips. The most popular options include:
- Juvederm (see the info on it above);
- Restylane (see the info on it above);
- Teosyal Kiss. This filler also contains hyaluronic acid. It allows adding a necessary volume to the lips. Its effects may last longer if compared with those provided by lip fillers.
- Volbella. It is another alternative for those who wish to restore the youthful plumpness of their lips.
They allow the lips to become fuller and prettier. Such an injection can be administered into both lips or only one of them.