What you will need:
- 2.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tbsp peanut flour
- heaping 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sweetener of choice, or to taste (coconut sugar, stevia)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp egg whites (from the carton)
- 1 tbsp milk of choice (I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
- coconut oil or ghee to grease the waffle iron
- Sift the coconut flour, peanut flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the granulated sweetener and whisk to combine.
- Beat the egg, egg whites and milk in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, whisking constantly.
- Add the peanut butter to the bowl, and continue to whisk until all the clumps are gone and the batter is smooth.
- Let this sit for about 10 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid and the batter becomes thick.
- Preheat your waffle iron and coat it with a thin layer of coconut oil or ghee.
- Pour some of the batter onto the center of the waffle wells, then let cook. I let my waffles cook about a minute longer after the timer went off – I found that the consistency was better the longer they cooked.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter until it is all gone!