These delicious pancakes are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and have a great protein kick to help keep you full!
Makes 5, 3-inch pancakes
For the pancakes, you will need:
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp mesquite powder
- 15g (1/2 scoop) vanilla protein powder
- I used Julian Bakery vanilla egg white protein
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- Preheat a pan over medium heat and melt a little coconut oil to coat the bottom.
- Sift the coconut flour, lucuma powder, mesquite powder, protein powder and baking powder into a mixing bowl, then whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk to the bowl and whisk until smooth and there are no clumps remaining.
- Let this sit for a few minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid.
- Turn down the heat slightly, and pour about 2 tbsp of the batter into the center of the pan.
- Let cook until the top bubbles and begins to look “set” (about 2-3 minutes) then flip and cook for another 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Layer sliced strawberries between each pancake as you stack them up – the strawberries will get warm, just like a delicious strawberry shortcake!
Cinnamon Lucuma Coconut Ganache:
- 2 tsp lucuma powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp melted coconut butter
- granulated sweetener of choice, to taste
- Place the lucuma powder, cinnamon and sweetener in a small bowl.
- SLOWLY add a drizzle of warm water, mixing continuously, until it forms a sauce consistency.
- Add the coconut butter and stir again.
Add more warm water until it reaches your desired consistency.