This article was originally featured in Issue 01 of Arcadia magazine. Buy the magazine here.
Mica Francis-Angel is Head Chef at Nectar Café in Camden, London. She is a pioneer of the raw food movement and is famed for her nutrient-rich meals, including; plant-rich foods, herbal extracts and bio-dynamically grown ingredients.
Breakfast: Raw Oat and Chia Porridge with Rose, Cardamon and Lime
A fragrant, unusual take on a breakfast classic, topped with crunchy toasted flaked almonds and pretty pink dried rose petals. A lovely start to any morning. The great thing about this porridge is that it keeps well for up to 4days so the recipe provided makes roughly 7/8 portions which means you only have to make it once and can enjoy it again and again!
510g – Gluten-free oats
1315ml – Oat Milk
69g – Chia Seeds
21ml – Vanilla Essence
3tbsp – Honey
3 – Limes (zest)
9 – Cardamom Pods (Ground)
1/4tsp – Himalayan Rock Salt
1/4tsp – Cinnamon
7ml – Rose Water
100g – Toasted Flaked Almonds
10g – Dried Rose Buds (hand crushed)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the oats and chia seeds.
2. Add the zest of 3 limes, ground cardamom, salt and cinnamon to your bowl.
3. In a large jug, mix together the oat milk, rose water, honey and vanilla.
4. Pour the liquid contents from the jug in to your bowl and stir well.
5. When the porridge is evenly mixed together, cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Serve as 200g portions in a bowl, top with flaked almond and dried rose petals if desired.
Follow Mica Francis-Angel on Instagram: @Iwaspromiseddoughnuts