This article was originally featured in Issue 01 of Arcadia magazine. Buy the magazine here.
Mica Francis-Angel is Head Chef at Nectar Café in Camden, London. She is a pioneer of the raw food movement and is famed for her nutrient-rich meals, including; plant-rich foods, herbal extracts and bio-dynamically grown ingredients.
Dinner: Spicy Cauliflower, Kale and Chorizo Baked Omlette with Jalapenos, Tahini and Mozzarella
A nice ‘n’ spicy recipe for a very easy to make and filling baked omlette.
(Makes roughly 6 large slices)
6 – Eggs
150g – Mozzarella
½ – Cauliflower
4 – Kale leaves (large)
200g – Chorizo
3tbsp – Tahini
1tbsp – Tamari
75g – Jalapenos
2tsp – Onion seeds
2tsp – Chilli flakes
½ small bunch – Fresh chives
100ml – Almond Milk
For this recipe I used a 23cm non-stick round deep cake pan with a loose base.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line your cake pan with baking paper.
2. Prepare ingredients – Cut cauliflower in to small florets. Stem kale and roughly chop. Slice chorizo into ¼ inch pieces. Cut mozzarella in to strips.
3. Separate one yolk then whisk the rest of the eggs in a large mixing bowl, add tahini, tamari and almond milk
4. Put aside a few slices of mozzarella. Add the rest and all other ingredients except the chives, to your bowl and mix well.
5. Pour your mixture in to your cake pan. Carefully place the separated yolk in in the middle and circle with leftover mozzarella to make a kind of sun shape.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-35mins.
7. Take out and leave to stand for 5mins. Sprinkle chopped chives over the top and serve.
Follow Mica Francis-Angel on Instagram: @Iwaspromiseddoughnuts