Serves 1 – 2
2 fillets salmon
1 large sweet potato
300g green beans
2 spring onions
1/2 fresh red chilli
1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. tamari
1 tbsp. avocado oil
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Maldon salt and fresh pepper
- The night before, prepare the marinade by whisking the tamari, coconut oil, ginger, and mustard in a shallow dish.
- Dunk the salmon fillets in the marinade and coat thoroughly, then cover, refrigerate and leave overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180-degree celsius.
- Cut the sweet potato into wedges. Drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle sea salt all over.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Wrap the salmon fillets in foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes with the sweet potato.
- Cook until the wedges are soft and the salmon is just cooked through.
- Steam the beans for 5 minutes. Toss with extra virgin oil, salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the chilli and spring onions and then scatter with sesame seeds over the salmon fillets, adding a generous squeeze of lime.
- Slice the avocado.
- Serve the salmon fillets with the sliced avocado, sweet potato wedges and green beans.
Buy Madeleine Shaw’s ‘Ready Steady Glow’ here.