Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan options!
You will need:
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp garbanzo bean flour (feel free to use another 2 tbsp buckwheat flour)
- 1 tbsp peanut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sweetener of choice (coconut sugar, stevia, etc)
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tbsp egg whites
◦ sub 1 flax egg for vegan
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Grease a small baking tray with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, and sweetener) in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk and egg whites (or flax egg), mashed banana and peanut butter and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth it out to the edges.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the top is browned and pulling away from the edge of the tray.
Top with your favorite fruit, a dollop of yogurt and more peanut butter.